What should you do when your Wausau home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your family members – against the many risks you could experience, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home might be ready, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Wausau home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often shocking, bewildering, and could cause panic. Your best option is to stay composed and adhere to these easy guidelines.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Wausau Triggers
You never want to be in this predicament, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re awakened in the middle of the night with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been tripped. So what should you do?
- Stay calm. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is pounding. But staying calm is the most effective way to appraise what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency on your own and allow your monitoring professionals and first responders to do their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and leading them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might involve going to a designated secure area as far from entrances as possible. The trespasser was likely already scared off by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra careful. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to vacate your home right away.
- Remember your smartphone. The vast majority of homeowners keep their cell phones with them all the time these days, but you may neglect to take it during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring specialists and obtain updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
The moment your home alarm system in Wausau goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will instantly act. The first move is to validate your alarm, and that involves getting in contact with you. The guideline they abide by is dependent on the sort of emergency. For instance, when the emergency is is for medical reasons, one attempt will be made to reach you before help is deployed. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most common sort of alarm - a monitoring agent will adhere to these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to reach you via the touchscreen interface. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that doesn’t get a reply, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is tried next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police are deployed.
- Your monitoring professionals will try to reach you again once emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not in a position to interact with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Help will still be deployed even if you're not able to verify the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Wausau
Stay ready for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Wausau from Vivint. Call (715) 662-6232 to begin designing your home’s protection today.