Ways to cut down on false alarms in Wausau
False alarms may become a legitimate issue for home security systems. Not only do they decrease the trust you have in your alarms, but they can also be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Fortunately, you can do some things to reduce false alarms from your Wausau sensors and alarms.
As the first step, ensure that your devices connected properly. This will probably appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that simple mistakes result in false alarms. Next, watch out for possible causes of false alarms, including windows and doors that might be left ajar inadvertently. And of course, don't hesitate to incorporate the many tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Wausau.
Is it really that straightforward? Keep reading to find out.
Can you stop false alarms in Wausau?
Like diagnosing any concern, the first thing to do is review the guidebook. Be certain that all your components are set up correctly on your end by:
- Performing a checkup with your smart hub.
- Visually inspect each component to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a new battery.
- Look over your scheduling to make sure that your home’s security isn’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all new smart components are installed in the proper fashion and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Reach out to your service specialist if you continue to have issues cutting down false alarms in your Wausau home. They'll be happy to dispatch a tech to check your equipment.
Investigate your doors and windows
In the event your installation appears to be alright, the subsequent measure is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your entries closed tightly, or might there be a few mistakenly open? If an access point is left unlatched, it may trigger a sensor. If it just so happens that your clan routinely forgets to shut an entrance, you might want to incorporate a smart locking system that automatically locks when your system is engaged. Regrettably, windows require more manual maintenance, mainly if you have a loved one who prefers to sleep with an open window. Luckily, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to disengage that sensor while protecting the rest of the property.
Smart home automation can be a smart technique to cut down on false alarms in Wausau
One of the smartest ways to lessen the probability of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your home security system. By using your Vivint app, you can:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and prevent false alarms that result from mistakenly unlocking a door or window. You can then program the alarm to automatically engage again after dark when you’re asleep.
- Set your home security to deactivate whenever your smart front door lock is activated with the proper number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm your system when you leave the property, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Get mobile updates when your implements notice abnormal activity or need a fresh battery.
- Pair your equipment to a smart home speaker, so you may turn your system on or off without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Wausau when you get a Vivint smart home
Increased command over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, contact (715) 662-6232 or send in the form on this page.