How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Wausau smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in complete command of your Wausau home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and explore suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Wausau do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even speak to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also provides convenient remote operability through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the duties you can carry out:
- View live or saved footage from your integrated cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Wausau by programming schedules or initiating rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and all sensors in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Note that you can still arm the security system by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to bypass the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Wausau
Although various users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add an additional user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, choose email or phone and submit the info to deliver an invitation.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, press users, select the user you want to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security through an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Wausau smart home. Contact (715) 662-6232 to get started.